Tuesday 16 June 2015

L'Essentiel Beeswax Polish

L'ESSENTIEL
Have you heard of L'Essentiel Polish? This cosmetic-grade, all-natural beeswax polish is hypo-allergenic, safe for children, and smells so good you could eat it! In fact, the first thing I did when I opened up the tin was glide it on my lips. Lush!

The non-yellowing, neutral wax can be buffed to a high shine or low sheen, polishes beautifully and protects with no harsh solvents. The best part?? The beeswax polish can be used as a lip balm or hand balm as it is skin safe and cosmetic grade! Amazing!

I had heard great things from our Websters stockists so I thought I'd put it to the test. Coreine, the lovely lady behind the L'Essentiel brand, sent over a box of 3 polishes: Clear, Lustre, and Dark. I couldn't wait to get playing and I had just the piece for it!

This sweet little table had been sitting in my room holding all of my jewellery, perfumes and sunglasses. She was glamorous, but needed a facelift. The detail in the top was stunning so I knew I had to save her for the perfect project. This was her time to shine!

Prep: I started by giving her a quick wipe down with soap and water to remove any perfume, dust or anything else that made its way into the cracks and crevices.

Mixing: I made up my own chalk paint using Valspar's Swan Queen and Milk and Honey mixed with Websters Chalk Paint Powder. I also had glittery gold in mind so I mixed Crown's Metallic Gold with Websters.. So pretty! 

Tools: I love, love, LOVE my Chalk-Pro paint brushes! I used the Easy Paint Brush- Large to cover the whole piece in my custom white chalk paint and the Easy Paint Round- Medium for the gold chalk paint. For the polish, I used the Small Fiddes Wax Brush.

Finish: To seal the finished piece, I had my new stock of L'Essentiel Beeswax Polish in Clear, Lustre and Dark on hand that I just couldn't wait to play with!

---

To start, I covered the entire piece in two coats of my white chalk paint. It went on beautifully!


Next, I painted the feet gold (I suggest taping to get the perfect 'dipped look', as I made this very difficult for myself free-handing!). I let the paint brush that was full of gold paint soak in a glass of water for about 5 minutes then, without squeezing the water out or washing the gold off, I slabbed the paint brush all over the top in an effort to create a colour wash. It worked! And it looked great! Exactly what I was going for. :) I wiped any excess gold water off with a towel (lightly to avoid wet distressing!) and let it dry.


Once the top was dry, I eagerly opened up my tins of L'Essentiel Beeswax Polish and started playing! First, I applied the wax to my lips and hands. I honestly cannot explain how delicious it smells! :) Right, back to the furniture! 

Next, using a cloth, I applied the clear polish to the entire piece. It says to wait 30 minutes before buffing the polish off so I used this time to focus on the details on top. I went ahead and added a thick layer of the dark polish with a brush, making sure to get in all of the cracks, then immediately wiped off the surface with more clear wax. Left behind was beautifully enhanced detail with depth and dimension. I was in love!



I buffed the entire table to a high shine and added one more coat of wax. It wasn't necessary but I couldn't resist the sparkle of the lustre wax! It was stunning! 
*She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten*


After this final coat, I took a well deserved tea break and allowed the polish time to sit. Gave it one last buff to a high shine and TA-DA! She's all done! I took a step back and admired her beauty.




---

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my post! I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed painting it!

I am hoping to stock L'Essentiel Polish in the very near future so keep posted!
In the mean time, you can shop the online store here.

Stay in the Loop!
Feel free to jot your name in the "Follow by Email" bit at the top! 
To subscribe to newsletters, use the *Email Sign-Up below! 

Thanks, again! Xx

Lots of Love,
Devon
   



   
   

   

   



1 comment:

  1. You & Websters have worked magic on that table it looks gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete